Find Answers at the Gulfside Dental Blog
Get Helpful Information about Popular Dental Topics from a Trusted Dentist Naples, FL
It can be difficult sifting through all of the information online to get answers about dental topics. That is why Gulfside Dental’s Dr. Christopher McCash, DMD and Dr. Patricia Botero, DMD have created this blog that offers reliable information about services, procedures, and general oral health. After discussing almost every topic in dentistry with patients over the years, Dr. McCash and Dr. Botero understand that people are curious about many aspects of modern dentistry. We know you want great oral health, and, hopefully, this blog will provide helpful tips to achieve that.
Our blog should provide visitors with an introduction to a wide variety of dental topics from custom dentures to the latest dental advances. While the information in these articles may not be completely comprehensive, we hope that you will post your questions online or ask one of our highly experienced dental professionals the next time you visit us. Whether online or in our office, we enjoy sharing our knowledge with you because it means you are active participants in maintaining your oral health.
We encourage you to visit us online regularly. We are constantly adding new topics, and you might learn important lessons on how to avoid getting that new cavity or how to prevent a painful visit to the emergency dentist. Please share this information with family and friends, so that they too can enjoy their smile for years to come.
- No doubt you’ve pulled together your beach body and are ready to sport some great summer colors, but can you accent it all with a beautiful white smile?
- At Gulfside Dental, we want to create an environment that will soothe and calm you. Your dental care visits should be as comfortable, pleasant, and stress-free as possible.
- Gum disease is more common than you think. In fact, one third of American adults have the condition, though over a quarter don’t even realize it until their teeth and jaw are significantly damaged.
- Why Your Metal Fillings Would Need to Go In the past dental fillings were made of an amalgam, or a mix, of silver, tin, copper, and mercury. Yes, many of these older metal fillings contain mercury but there’s no need to be alarmed. Many repeated studies done by the FDA and CDC have shown that […]
- One third of the people being treated for cancer develop complications affecting their mouth during treatment.
- Dentures are worn by more people than you might think. People of all ages choose dentures over implants most often due to the difference in cost and the urgency to replace necessary teeth removed. Thankfully advancements in denture technology are helping many to adjust to wearing dentures and improving self-confidence with a beautiful smile.
- Do you wake up with a sore jaw, experience consistent dull headaches, or notice that some teeth are loose, painful, or possibly even broken? If this sounds like you, you may be suffering from a common dental condition called bruxism or clenching. These habits are known collectively as parafunction, which can include other non functional […]
- Thanksgiving is a time for friends and family to gather around the table to enjoy each other and a bountiful amount of food. So how do we do we indulge in the feast without jeopardizing our oral health? One way is to keep the carbohydrate rich and sugary foods to a minimum. Another idea is […]